Monday, March 8, 2010

Sick week

Oh no! It started out last Sunday when Kal said he didn't feel good. Crap, when he gets sick he doesn't try to hide it at all. Not saying he's a drama queen but he always seems to be a little sicker when he is talking to someone on the phone. The voice is deeper and the coughs are more frequent then when it is just the two of us together. The worst part is trying to get him to rest because it just doesn't happen. Instead of trying to go back to sleep at night he has to get up and go into the other room. I think I have finally realized this is how he works so rather then beg him to come back to bed I'm now letting him be. I did throw a blanket on top of him, OK it was the big towel but it was thick and long.

Sadly though my comment about "I never get sick" was put to task and I got sick on Tuesday. The coughing was getting worse, my head hurt and my body ached. I even got a temperature of nearly 101 which is huge for me. I usually don't even hit the normal spot on the thermometer. Wednesday and Thursday were a total waste for me. I would go back to bed in the morning and then again in the afternoon then was exhausted by 10:00.

One good thing about the sick week was we were pretty much MIL free. It started the Thursday before when Kal told her we weren't going to be home when in fact I was home but Kal went to his brothers house for "prayer night" (another story). Friday she called and said she was going to have dinner with the girls in Los Lunas. Saturday we had Tom and Joe over for dinner so we told her not to come over until later since Tom can't stand her. When the guys left, Kal called her but she was too tired. Sunday was day one of sick week so we didn't go to church but she did come over to shove food down her throat and leave. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we told her we were too sick and "didn't want her to catch our crud". I guess she couldn't fend for herself any more so she started coming over again. She had a tooth extracted on Friday and came in holding her chin moaning and not talking. I warmed up my famous cream of asparagus soup and the only thing out of her mouth when she finished eating was that it was cold. Last night during the Oscars she showed up and didn't bother to say anything to me until she left when she said good bye.

It's now Monday and we both have the cough but need to get on with it so here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment